Financial Adviser – Non Investment, mortgage broker, Will Writer and Insurance Broker: Job description
At Evolution for Women we are always looking for new talent, with or without experience or qualifications nationally. We are specifically looking for a North Kent or South London individual with CeMAP as a qualification and some level of experience within mortgages.
Be part of something special – the first holistic national female IFA firm
Financial advisers provide clients with advice on financial matters, making recommendations on ways to best utilise their money. The role involves researching the marketplace and advising clients on products and services available, ensuring they are aware of and understand those that best meet their needs, and then securing a sale.
Advisers may specialise in particular products, depending on their clients, e.g. selling employee pension schemes to companies or offering mortgage, pension or investment advice to private clients. Others are generalists, offering advice to clients in all of these areas, plus savings plans and insurance.
In order to give financial advice, advisers must have professional qualifications and follow strict financial industry rules.
Financial advisers may also be known as financial planners or wealth managers.
Evolution for Women are Independent advisers, also called independent financial advisers (IFAs) carrying out investment or pension advice. Or financial planners- non-investment carrying out insurance or mortgage advice, research and consider all retail investment products or providers available to meet the client’s needs. They must provide clients with unbiased and unrestricted advice.
This specific role would be for a Financial Planner- non-investment undertaking mortgages, Wills and insurance advice. It would be working alongside the company Director and IFA, Rebecca Robertson, who is based in North Kent. Assisting her clients and your own with financial advice. The role would be based from home, however, seeing clients in their own home. Training would be carried out in either Southend (compliance) or Chatham Offices.
The position is Self Employed with the advantage of flexible working and working alongside an experienced business owner and advisers. Commission and package offered discussed at interview stage.
What does the job involve?
Tasks vary depending on the role but typically involve:
- contacting clients and setting up meetings, either within an office environment or in clients’ homes or business premises;
- conducting in-depth reviews of clients’ financial circumstances, current provision and future aims;
- analysing information and preparing plans best suited to individual clients’ requirements;
- completing risk analyses;
- researching the marketplace and providing clients with information on new and existing products and services;
- designing financial strategies;
- assisting clients to make informed decisions;
- researching information from various sources, including providers of financial products;
- reviewing and responding to clients changing needs and financial circumstances;
- promoting and selling financial products to meet given or negotiated sales targets;
- negotiating with product suppliers for the best possible rates;
- liaising with head office and financial services providers;
- liaising with other professionals, such as estate agents, solicitors and valuers;
- keeping up to date with financial products and legislation;
- producing financial reports;
- contacting clients with news of new financial products or changes to legislation that may affect their savings and investments;
- meeting the regulatory aspects of the role, e.g. requirements for disclosure, costs of the services provided and also the advised products.
What skill set is needed?
Are you someone who people go to for advice? Someone who people will listen to but know you are a good listener too? Someone who others trust and ask you to help them with complex situations? Then this is the right job for you….
Do you love talking to people and meeting new people? Are you wanting a professional career where you can really build a reputation and be able to grow personally? Then this is the right job for you…
Do you enjoy analysing details, researching information and coming up with solutions? Are you reliable, adaptable but consistent?
What to do next?
Please read carefully and carry out the following instructions:
If this sounds like something for you, then please email your updated CV and the results of the personality study (below) to email@example.com along with a cover note introducing yourself
Why do we use a personality test? These give an indication to the type of person is, however, it just for information.
Closes 15th August 2017